- How would you search for an exact word or phrase
To get exact word or phrase searches, all you need to do is enclose the search in quotations. ]
Example: If I was looking for the song Afraid of Everyone by The National. I could search that phrase and probably eventually find the song however my search would be filled with links that also include combinations of the words. If I search “Afraid of Everyone by The National” I get the exact phrase.
- How would you search for something on a specific site?
In order to find something on a specific, you need to make sure that there is a website included after the search.
Example: Ps3 games:futureshop.com
- How would you correctly search for a definition?
To find a definition for a word, all you need to do is include “define:” before the word.
- How would you search for a specific product?
First you type in the product you want to search for, then type in the price range separated by two perods
Example: Iphone 6 Case $10..$40
- How would you search for a specific filetype?
First type in your search query then include filetype: followed by the file type of your choosing
Example: Eid100 course syllabus filetype:PDF
- How would you include or ignore words in your search?
To make sure a word is ignored from a search, all you had to do is a add a dash/minus sign in front of the word you want ignored.
Example: Apple Computers -Windows
- How would you find sites/pages similar to an existing one?
First put the word related, add a colon and then write the name of the website.
- How would you confirm the exact form of a quote even if you were missing some of the words?
You need to include a * as a replacement for the words that you are missing.
Example: All * are created equal
- How would search for pages containing two connected words?
You need to use a hyphen between the two words.
- How would you search for social media content containing a specific tag?
Use an @ symbol or # symbol.